Cookies are used when you access most websites on the internet. They are small text files stored in your device to make your internet-use more effective and relevant to you.
- make it easier for you to use the Website and access information;
- to support the provision of relevant information and functionality for you as a valued visitor to the Website; and
- to provide Ucan with certain information about how the Website is used in order for Ucan to keep it up to date, relevant and, as far as reasonably possible, free from errors.
Ucan has set out further information below about the types of cookies used on the Website.
By using the Website you confirm your agreement to the use by Ucan of cookies. You have control over which cookies are used on sites you visit and you can choose to manage the cookies used by Ucan on this Website at any time through the settings on your browser.
If you would like more information about how to do this, or if you would like more information about cookies generally, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware that certain cookies may be set as soon as you visit that site (which we neither recommend nor control), but you can remove them using your browser settings.
Below is information about the different types of cookies used. The cookie categories are based on the category definitions contained in the International Chamber of Commerce UK Cookie guide:
Strictly necessary cookies
Strictly necessary cookies are essential to enable you to move around this Site and use its features and/or services. These cookies allow this Site to provide services at the request of users.
This Website does use strictly necessary cookies.
Performance cookies allow Ucan to update the Website, to ensure that Ucan caters for Website users’ preferences and to improve the performance of the Website generally. Performance cookies collect information about how this Website is used (for example, which pages users visit most often and where error messages are delivered).
Performance cookies don't collect information that identifies individual visitors to the Website. All information is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
The Website does use performance cookies to:
- provide statistics on how this Website is used (including selections that visitors to the Website have made and information about goods and services that they have viewed, during their use of this Website);
- gather non-user specific technical data regarding usage of this Website and to provide Ucan with various statistics on how the Website is used;
- enable Ucan to improve the Website by measuring and collecting information about any errors that occur;
- to test different designs of the Website.
Ucan uses Google Analytics and Crazy Egg for these purposes (please see "Further Information" section below).
Functional cookies allow the Website to remember choices that visitors make, and any customisations you make to Website pages during your visit. Functional cookies are required to provide features and services specific to individual users of the Website.
The Website does not use functional cookies to record and remember that you have been provided with the cookie consent notification.
Targeting or advertising cookies
These types of cookies collect information about the browsing habits of users of sites in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests, and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
The Website does not use targeting/advertising cookies.
If you would like more general information about:
- cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- Crazy Egg, please visit www.crazyegg.com/
If you wish to prevent being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, please visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you wish to prevent being tracked by Crazy Egg across all websites, please visit www.crazyegg.com/opt-out